Set-Up Guide - iOS
Setting up our SIM card is 4 easy steps.
Your SIM is already pre-activated and is ready to use!
Step 1 Install Our App “eConnect Japan”
Our Mobile App allows you to set up your SIM much easier, so we highly recommend you to install the App before you come to Japan.
- * Requires iOS 9.0 or later
(For those that cannot install our App due to the iOS version, Please see Manual Set Up)
Step 2 Register Your SIM
Please register your SIM before leaving to Japan.
Open our mobile app
Tap "Register SIM Card".
Register your SIM on the mobile app
- Tap the camera icon and scan MSISDN and Serial Number
- Tap "Register"
Enter your information
Enter your name and email address.
* The information is used for email notifications.
Select a data plan
Choose a data plan.
* The available options depend on the SIM you purchased.
When to activate your SIM
You can choose to activate it right now or to set a future date for its activation.
Set an activation date
- Tap "Plan Start Date"
- Tap "Future Date" and tap the cell right below
- Select a date when you would like your SIM to be activated
Step 3 Insert Your SIM into Your Device
- Turn your device off
- Insert your SIM card into your device
- Turn your device back on
Step 4 Configuration
Open this link on Safari.
Please make sure Safari app is up and running on your phone.
Start installing configuration
* Disregard the Not Signed wording.
Enter your passcode if asked.
* Unless set specifically, the passcode is normally the same as your unlock code.
Install the profile
* Do not worry about the warning.
Set up is now completed.
You should be able to use your SIM from now on.
- Turn Airplane mode on and off might help in some cases
- Reset network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
- Set the APN again
- Restart the device
- Passcode is the same as the unlock code for your iOS device unless set specifically.