Set-Up Guide - Android
Setting up our SIM card is 4 easy steps.
Your SIM is already pre-activated and is ready to use!
Step 1 Install Our App “eConnect Japan”
Our Mobile App allows you to set up your SIM much easier, so we highly recommend you to install the App before you come to Japan.
- * Requires Android 4.0.3 or later
(For those that cannot install our App due to the Android version, Please see Manual Set Up)
Step 2 Register Your SIM
Please register your SIM before leaving to Japan.
Open our mobile app
Tap "Register SIM Card".
Register your SIM on the mobile app
Enter MSISDN and Serial Number of your SIM.
* They can be automatically entered if the SIM is already inserted.
If your SIM is already inserted
- Tap "GOT IT" after reading the dialogs
- Tap "ALLOW"
- Tap "YES"
Enter your information
Enter your name and email address.
* The information is used for email notifications.
Select a data plan
Choose a data plan.
* The available options depend on the SIM you purchased.
When to activate your SIM
You can choose to activate it right now or to set a future date for its activation.
Set an activation date
- Change "Plan Start Date" to "Future Date"
- Select a date when you would like your SIM to be activated
Step 3 Insert Your SIM into Your Device
- Turn your device off
- Insert your SIM card into your device
- Turn your device back on
Step 4 Configuration
Go to APN Settings
- Launch our mobile app and tap "Set the APN"
- Tap "OPEN SETTINGS"
- Tap "Access Point Names"
Create a new APN
Tap Add button in ActionBar.
Edit Access Point
Enter the folloing values in the corresponding section.
|Authentication type||CHAP or PAP|
Save the APN
Open the menu and tap "Save".
Select the APN
Tap the APN you just created and saved.
Set up is now completed.
You should be able to use your SIM from now on.
- Turn Airplane mode on and off might help in some cases
- Create a new APN again
- Restart the device
- (Changing “Preferred network type” to 3G might help in some cases)
- (Turning “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” off might help in some cases)