1. Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s IP address, browser type and version, pages you visit, time and date of your visit, time spent on each page, etc.
We may also collect data about the device you use to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers. It may vary depending on the individual settings of your device and software.
Numbers associated with eConnect Japan prepaid SIM
Phone numbers required to manage SIM cards with our mobile apps are used only for login authentication. The phone numbers are uploaded to https://api.econnectjapan.com/ where proper security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized access.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- First name and last name
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (sending newsletter for example); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access. Only the developer in eConnect Japan Inc. accesses our databases and handles the information. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including software service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, marketing or advertising providers, and payment systems operators;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
6. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
7. Changes to this policy